I was testing out an OSD task sequence when I noticed I had made a mistake and I needed to restart the task sequence. By the time I was able to force a restart, it was in the process of partitioning the hard drive. Anyway, upon rebooting and restarting the task sequence, I was receiving error message:
“The task sequence failed to start with error 0x80070570”
This was happening right after I was picking the task sequence and assigned a computer name to a task sequence variable. So I started doing some investigation using the F8 console window and noticed the hard drive had no partitions on it. In order to fix this issue, I ran diskpart.exe as follows:
diskpart.exe list disk select disk 0 clean create partition primary select partition 1 format fs=ntfs quick active assign letter=c exit
Then I rebooted the system with the following command “wpeutil.exe reboot”. After the system was booted right back into WinPE, the task sequence finished without errors.